The process of home buying can often be long, tedious and at times nerve wracking. However, technology has the perfect solution to ease the process of home buying! The trend of buying properties online has taken the real estate market by storm and has eased the whole process drastically.
Although it is still in its nascent stage, various property portals have come into being in the past few years owing to the demand from the customers. These portals showcase a wide variety of properties ranging in different price brackets. It is this ease of choose and shortlist from several options that make online property buying all the more popular.
However, one needs to know that though the choosing and sifting of properties are done online, the final payment is mostly done offline.
Buying a property online can be tricky. In this blog, we chalk out six things that you need to keep in mind while shopping for your dream home online!
1. Research: We cannot emphasis enough on the importance of research! Picking the right property is crucial and must be done after a lot of research and comparative study. It may be a time-consuming task, but it will be well worth the effort. After all, you don’t buy a home every day! So, ensure that you read various reviews about the builders, research about other projects in the same category and above all keep searching till you find that perfect home of yours.
2. Use all the features of the portal: With changing times, several real estate portals have come up with several innovative features. These features not only enable you to manoeuvre through the site easily but also aids to easy selection. Take out some time to understand all the features of the portal and use it well. 3D walkthroughs, live chats, etc., all aid in helping you find that perfect home address.
3. Cross check the lists offline: Fake and expired listings are few of the biggest challenges in real estate. This makes cross-checking of the listings extremely important. Thoroughly check the listing you see on the portal with the builder offline or always consult a well reputed real estate portal.
4. Validity of deals: Several developers have a large bulk of unsold inventory. To sell them faster they come up with several kinds of offers. While booking your home ensure that you double check the deal and then avail it. Call up the sales department of the builder to confirm the deal and to know more about it.
5. Choose the best home loan: Several real estate portals offer services like home loan eligibility calculator and are associated with a host of banks to expedite the process of procuring loans. Compare the offers and choose a loan scheme that suits you the best.
6. Be 100 percent sure: Ensure that you know everything about the property before signing on the dotted line. Right from the booking amount to other taxes to the time of possession, assess everything minutely.
There is no doubt that online property buying makes the whole process a lot easier, but it comes with its share of drawbacks. Ensure that you choose wisely and above all invest smartly.