Buying a home is a major financial investment, which is why it is important to make a thoroughly informed decision. Here are some useful financial tips for when you’re looking to buy a home.
1. Review the full cost of buying a home: It’s important to keep in mind that the cost of owning a home is more than just the price of the property. Make sure to factor in the costs of insurance, interest on home loan, property tax, maintenance fee, repairs and renovation, etc., when buying a home.
2. Build your credit score: A good credit score is the key to securing a good home loan. Ensure that you have built your credit score up to a reputable amount before you begin to apply for a home loan.
3. Pay at least 20% as down payment: As a general rule, it is advisable to pay at least 20% of the cost as the down payment. This will lessen the burden of the home loan in the years to come.
4. Select a suitable home loan: Do your research before picking a suitable home loan. Keep in mind that a floating rate of interest (as opposed to a fixed rate) sometimes works out to be more economical in the long run.
5. Get the paperwork in order: Get all the verified documents in order, such as the sale deed, encumbrance certificate and power of attorney. Having these documents in place can save you a lot of financial hassle in the future.
6. Assess your requirements carefully: Avoid making the mistake of buying a home that is outside of your financial comfort zone. Take stock of your finances, assess your space requirements carefully, and then make an informed purchase decision.
7. Go with a trusted builder: Making your investment with a trusted builder ensures that there are no compromises on the quality, and that the project is completed and delivered on time. This is essential to preventing any financial blockages in the process.
Looking to invest in the top real estate projects in Pune? Explore the many residential offerings by Goel Ganga Developments, the leading real estate builders and developers in Pune.