Good news for all the government employees based in Mumbai! General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) is the central government’s scheme to provide residential accommodation to eligible central government employees through the E-Awas portal.
In order to provide affordable homes to the government employees, the central government maintains a pool of residential units which is allotted based on eligibility, requirement, and vacancies. These residences are managed by the Central Public Works Department and the Director of Estates. The allotment is done online via the Automated System of Allotment (ASA).
Government offices residing in Mumbai can apply for GPRA through the E-Awas Mumbai portal.
Here are steps on how you can create your login ID for your GPRA Application
- Step 1: Visit the official website at gpra.nic.in and go to the ‘E-Awas’ option.
- Step 2: Fill up the form to request login credentials on your smartphone and email-id.
- Step 3: Use the login id created to fill the form
- Step 4: Print out the form and forward it to DoE.
- Step 5: After the form is submitted, the applicant’s account will be activated and included in the waiting list, for submitting the preferences of houses in e-Awas.
If you are a government employee and are eligible for GPRA then you can apply for this central government’s scheme to provide residential accommodation to eligible central government employees through the E-Awas portal.