West Pune – The Most Sought-After Residential Destination
21 May 2016
There has been a substantial increase in residential demand in Pune that spreads across all income categories and different locations, especially towards the western periphery. The locations that highly attract homebuyers in West Pune are Kothrud, Wakad, Aundh, Baner, Hinjewadi, Pashan, Balewadi, Pimple Saudagar, Bhugaon and Bavdhan.
Here are the reasons why West Pune is gaining preference among home buyers:-
1. Social Infrastructure
West Pune has well-developed social infrastructure. It is home to a number of:
- Retail joints such as D-Mart, Reliance, More, etc.
- Restaurants such as 21 West Bar & Grill, Nisarg, Salt, etc.
- Medical facilities such as Aditya Birla Hospital, Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Chellaram Diabetes Institute, Medipoint, Sahyadri Hospital, etc.
- Banks such as SBI, Bank of Maharashtra, ICICI Bank, etc.
- Well-known schools such as Loyola High School, The Orchid School, Bharati Vidyapeeth, etc.
- Educational institutes such as Moze’s Engineering College, National Insurance Academy, MITCON, INDIRA, NICMAR, Dr. D. Y. Patil College, Balaji Group of Institutes, Sahyadri Institute of Management, Rajiv Gandhi Business School, IBMR & many more.
- Hospitality Brands like Holiday Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, VITS, Orchid, Sayaji, Gateway by Taj, etc.
- Various entertainment and leisure options including public gardens and parks, multiplexes, drama theatres and auditoriums.
2. Infrastructural Development
Some important proposed infrastructural developments in the western part of Pune will ease the traffic congestion even further. These include the Dange Chowk Flyover, the Aundh-Ravet BRT Road, Sanghvi Flyover and the proposed Pune Ring-road project.
3. Proximity to Industrial and IT Hubs
- The western corridor also enjoys proximity to major industrial zones and business parks. One of the largest IT Parks of India, The Hinjewadi IT Park is placed in this western part of Pune. Kothrud, Baner and Aundh, the other major economic centres of the city are also located nearby.
- West Pune is also well connected to the automotive hub of Pimpri and the industrial regions of Chakan, PCMC and Talegaon.
4. Civic Infrastructure
Well-developed civic infrastructure is another advantage of living in this part of the city. There is ample supply of electricity and water supply in West Pune. Sewerage management in the region is also well-aligned.
5. Transportation and Connectivity
- Public transportation is easy here. The PMPML buses, auto rickshaws and cabs make commuting easier for the residents of west Pune.
- Pune-Mumbai Expressway and Pune-Bangalore highway (NH4) links West Pune to other cities.
6. Natural Beauty
The western part of Pune has more serene and beautiful natural surroundings compared to other parts of the city. The temperatures in this region are comparatively lower too.
Owing to these factors, many reputed real estate developers have established some of their premium residential projects here. One of them is Ganga Acropolis in Baner Sus Road by Goel Ganga Developments. Comprising of 2&3 BHK apartments, the well-crafted project takes care of all your general and lifestyle needs.